|The requirements to reopen during this phase are very strict. Besides the regular restrictions you’re used to hearing about and following (6’ distancing, face masks, additional sanitizing, etc.) the ones most applicable to our decision-making are:
Under these Phase 2 restrictions, it’s simply not possible for us to serve our community exclusively with an in-person offering; however, we recognize the importance of (and are desperately longing for) the transition back to in-person classes. Therefore, for the month of June, we will be BOTH continuing our virtual offering AND adding limited in-person classes. You can understand that this double-duty creates additional obstacles particularly in terms of staffing. After working through several possible scenarios, we’ve come up with the one we believe will best serve our community during Phase 2:
- Classes limited to 5 participants.
- Providing childcare strictly prohibited.
- “High-risk individuals” (by definition this includes anyone age 65+ or anyone with asthma) explicitly prohibited from participation.
Thank you for your ongoing patience, understanding, and support as we all navigate these previously uncharted waters.
- Prioritize the virtual offering,
- Start opening up limited in-person classes,
- Plan to expand the in-person offering as we move into each subsequent phase with more restrictions lifted.